Friday 24 February 2012

A Conversation with Kamille


What do you do?
Market research Interviewer/Tele-Fundraiser
 
How long have you been natural? 
I have been natural since 2003

What was the initial feedback/ attitudes towards your hair change? 
When ever I had my hair has an afro my family hated it, but my friends liked it. Especially when the afro was properly done.


Have these opinions changed over time?
What are current opinions? 

Whenever I twist my hair, my family likes it more.

Would you perm your hair again? (if it was ever permed)  No, MAYBE texturize 

Do you feel less attractive?  No, I like my hair natural, especially when I change my styles

Has your hair change caused any professional Barriers or issues? Most likely it has, I remember going for a interview with my afro (neatly done) and I didn't get the position. I know people appreciate my hair more when it's braided, in braids, etc. but i haven't really experienced it directly.









No comments:

Post a Comment