Wednesday 29 February 2012

Narkie's Answers


What do you do? 
RN

How long have you been natural?
15yrs

Why did you decide to go natural?
I got a bad perm and my hair broke. So intitially it was only suppposed to be until the broken part grew back. Then I just became commited to keeping it natural

What was the initial feedback/ attitudes towards your hair change?
I definately got several questions as to why I stopped perming my hair and when I was going to perm it. Do I think any man is going to want a woman with picky hair.

Have these opinions changed over time?
I definately believe opinions have changed I think mostly because of the texture of my hair and how it looks. I think within our own race we discriminate against each other with (Who has longer hair? who has pretty hair?).

Would you perm your hair again?
I've come this far not sure that I'd turn back now to perm.

Do you feel less attractive?
I've found that when I was in highschool natural hair was not attractive. Even the girls with perm that needed a touch up because of new growth couldn't get play until they had a fresh perm. As I have gotten older there is a better appreciation from men towards women that have natural hair. As long as it looks good.

Has your hair change caused any professional Barriers or issues?
I have not had any professional barriers with my hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment