Friday 24 February 2012

Leigh-Anne Provides Answers




What do you do? 
I am an Education Coordinator 

 How long have you been natural? 
I have been natural for 2 years

Why did you decide to go natural? 

I decided to go natural because I wanted to stop putting harsh chemicals in my hair. And my hair was breaking and thinning out.

What was the initial feedback/ attitudes towards your hair change? 

I got a lot of "whys" from females. And they were saying that its going to be hard to manage.

Have these opinions changed over time? 

Yes, a lot of the opinions have changed. I have been getting a lot of compliments and a lot of the young girls at my church have been asking me questions about how to go natural.

Would you perm your hair again? 

I would never perm my hair again. I have other options if I want to wear my hair straight. 

Do you feel less attractive? 

To tell you the truth I feel a lot more attractive if anything. I have been getting more compliments from the opposite sex than when I was wearing a perm.

Has your hair change caused any professional Barriers or issues?

My hair has not caused any professional barriers at all. A lot of my co-workers have complimented me on my natural hair. They always say "I love your waves and curls, wish my hair could do that".


No comments:

Post a Comment